Prostitution Solicitation School Information Sheet
The STOP Project (Solicitors, Traffickers, & Offenders of Prostitution) will continue to provide quality programming to those individuals who have been arrested for soliciting or purchasing sex. In an effort to meet more of the community needs, the curriculum has expanded to include those who are arrested for trafficking individuals into sexual slavery/prostitution as well as those who are soliciting prostitution.
This one-day 8-hour course is held quarterly at the Frank Crowly Courthouse, centrally located near downtown Dallas. The goals of the course are to reeducate and equip the offenders to stop the high-risk behavior of purchasing/selling sex. All participants will be required to pay a $250.00 fee to the STOP Project that is dedicated to aiding victims of trafficking and prostitution in their recovery process through sanctioned local programs. The class participants will be exposed to the following information:
- Health risks & consequences associated with high-risk sexual behavior
- Impact of high risk sex on communities, survivors, & “john’s” family
- Victimization risks & impact on “john’s”
- Sexual addiction
- Link between pornography, prostitution, & human trafficking
- Cognition, beliefs, behaviors & responsibility
- STD & HIV testing
A resource table is available as well as a Recovering Peer to provide support to the participants wishing to seek further assistance and/or therapy. There is a dedicated therapy group that is made available to the those interested that is managed by facilitators from the STOP Project. Every effort is made to accommodate the participant’s primary language, therefore educational materials are available in English and Spanish and the presentations on the above topics are offered in both languages as well. In addition, the STOP Project has resources to meet other linguistic needs if advised prior to class participation. We are dedicated to making our community a safer and healthier place for all.
Dates: March 11 2017, June 10 2017, September 9 2017, December 9, 2017
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Registration begins promptly at 8:00 am
NOTE: As of March 12, 2016, the STOP School will be held in ROOM A5 at the Frank Crowley Courthouse located at 133 N. Riverfront Blvd, Dallas, Texas 75207. A5 is located on the first floor of the building. The main entrance is on the 2nd floor so take the escalator down and turn to your right. The room is on your left as you pass the Elevator hall. Also note there are two parking garages and a surface parking lot and all require cash to exit. Be sure to bring cash for parking. DART also stops at the courthouse.
Information Line: 214-424-7014
- Money orders and cashier checks are the ONLY method of payment accepted. Cash and personal checks will not be accepted.
- Money order or cashier checks must be made out to PDI/New Life in the full amount of $250.
- Partial payment will not be accepted.
- Payment must be received at start of class.
- Refunds will not be issued. If an offender choses to leave the class before completing the course, the cost of the class will not be returned.
- Payment does not cover court costs or fines.
- Offender must complete the entire class, which includes STD testing, and anonymous assessments, pre and post-tests, to receive verification form documenting class completion.
- Verification forms will be issued at the end of class and will be signed by both the offender and the class facilitator.
- It is the responsibility of the offender to submit the verification of Prostitution Solicitation School attendance to the courts.
- The Offender Program will not keep any record of the offenders’ attendance of the class. If the offender loses the verification, the Program will be unable to reissue it.
If you need a copy of this information please click on one of the links below:
Si necessitas informacion de la S.T.O.P. escuela:
REGISTER FOR A CLASS NOW (click here) Forms must be correctly filled out to be accepted with valid first and last name, email and physical address, and booking/case number.
**Lunch will not be provided. Bring a sack lunch or $2.00 to purchase one on-site**
***DO NOT GO TO OR CALL THE BILL J. PRIEST CENTER PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED CLASS***