The New Life Opportunities program offers two classes. The STOP School is for Solicitors, Traffickers and Offenders, and the HOPE School is for HOPE is a three hour psycho-educational class offered to WOMEN ONLY with charges of Prostitution by the District Attorney’s Office of Dallas County. For information on the HOPE Class click here.
Prostitution Solicitation School Information (for MEN only)
Registration is REQUIRED to attend the class in order to adequately prepare resources and interpretation services if needed.
DCHHS REQUIRES all participants follow the current CDC COVID19 protocols including wearing a mask, social distancing, and washing hands
The STOP School (Solicitors, Traffickers, & Offenders of Prostitution) will continue to provide quality programming to those individuals who have been arrested for soliciting or purchasing sex. In an effort to meet more of the community needs, the curriculum has expanded to include those who are arrested for trafficking individuals into sexual slavery/prostitution as well as those who are soliciting prostitution.
This one-day 8-hour course is held quarterly at Dallas County Health and Human Services, conference room 627A, 2377 N Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75207. The goals of the course are to educate offenders of the high-risk behavior of purchasing and/or selling sex and its impact on the victims and community. All participants will be required to pay a $250.00 fee to the STOP School that is dedicated to aiding victims of trafficking and prostitution in their recovery process through local programs. The class participants will be exposed to the following information:
- Health risks & consequences associated with high-risk sexual behavior
- Impact of high risk sex on communities, and the victims/survivors
- Victimization risks & impact on “john’s”
- Sexual addiction
- Link between pornography, prostitution, & human trafficking
- Cognition, beliefs, behaviors & responsibility
- STD & HIV testing
Every effort is made to accommodate the participant’s primary language, therefore educational materials are available in English and Spanish and the presentations on the above topics are offered in both languages as well. In addition, the STOP School has resources to meet other linguistic needs if advised prior to class participation. We are dedicated to making our community a safer and healthier place for all.
Dates: 02/09/2024, 05/10/2024, 08/16/2024, 11/08/2024
Time: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Registration begins promptly at 8:00 am
Location: Dallas County Health and Human Services, conference room 627a, 2377 N Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75207
- Money orders and cashier checks are the ONLY method of payment accepted. Cash and personal checks will not be accepted.
- Money order or cashier checks must be made out to New Life Opportunities in the full amount of $250.
- Partial payment will not be accepted.
- Payment must be received at start of class.
- Refunds will not be issued. If an offender choses to leave the class before completing the course, the cost of the class will not be returned.
- Payment does not cover court costs or fines.
- Offender must complete the entire class, which includes STD testing, and anonymous assessments, pre and post-tests, to receive verification form documenting class completion.
- Verification forms will be issued at the end of class and will be signed by both the offender and the class facilitator.
- It is the responsibility of the offender to submit the verification of Prostitution Solicitation School attendance to the courts.
- The Offender Program will not keep any record of the offenders’ attendance of the class. If the offender loses the verification, the Program will be unable to reissue it.
REGISTER FOR A CLASS NOW (click here) Online ONLY. Forms must be correctly filled out to be accepted with valid first and last name, email and physical address, and booking/case number. If you need help with this form then call Kimberly Duran at 214-653-3782.
**Lunch will not be provided.**